1. Compliance with laws and regulations, conformance with guidelines, etc., and development of company regulations
We shall comply with the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” and related laws and regulations. Also, we shall make efforts to make our operations conform with guidelines, etc., established by administrative bodies, etc.
We shall develop company regulations regarding management of personal information to protect personal information appropriately.
We shall ensure that all employees understand the details of the various laws and regulations, guidelines, and company regulations mentioned above. In addition, we shall strive to continuously review and improve this Policy and company regulations.
2. Name of the business operator
3. About Chief Privacy Officer
Person responsible for control of personal information protection at FREUND Corporation
For contact information, see the item below concerning procedures for inquiries related to personal information, disclosure, etc.
4. Purpose of use of personal information
We shall use the personal information provided by you for the following purposes:
- Fulfillment of contracts (provision of products and services, etc.)
- Provision of information on products and services, and communication about proposals and marketing activities
- Requests, communication, and responses regarding surveys on planning and use of products and services, etc.
- Handling of products, services, other inquiries, requests, etc.
- Announcements and responses regarding trade shows, seminars, training, award competitions, and other events
- Delivery of web magazines to those who have applied for web magazine delivery service, if provided, changes and cancellations of their registration information, and announcements and responses regarding web magazine registration
- Creation of statistical data
- Paperwork, including billing, collection, payment, etc.
- Other communication, inquiries, and responses in general administrative work
- Use within the scope of consent
5. Provision of personal information to third parties
We shall not provide the personal information provided by you to any third party except in the following cases:
- In cases required by laws and regulations;
- In cases necessary for the protection of a person and the life, body, or property of the person; and
- In cases where the prior consent of the person is obtained.
6. Entrustment of the handling of personal information
When the handling of personal information provided by you is entrusted to any third party within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use, we shall select a contractor with a personal information protection system, and conclude a contract on personal information protection.
7. About disclosure of personal information subject to disclosure (Note 1), etc., and inquiry window
The following is our contact information for a person or a representative to make a request for notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of the content, discontinuance of its use, erasure, and discontinuance of its provision to a third party (hereinafter referred to “Disclosure, etc.”) regarding personal information.
Person in charge of handling personal information at FREUND Corporation
On the Web：https://www.freund.co.jp/english/inquiry/
"By postal mail: To person in charge of handling personal information, FREUND Corporation
6-25-13 Nishishinjuku, Sinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0023 JAPAN"
Note 1: Personal information subject to disclosure means personal information that consists of a collection of information systematically arranged in such a way that it can be retrieved by a computer, or a collection of information systematically arranged in such a way that specific personal information can be easily retrieved by organizing and classifying it according to certain rules and attached with a table of contents, index, codes, etc., over which a business operator has the authority to respond to all requests by a person, including disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of the content, discontinuation of its use, erasure, and discontinuation of its provision to a third party. (JISQ15001:2006)
8. About handling of personal information on this website
This website uses a technology called cookies.
Cookies are a mechanism that save your browsing history and entries as a file on your computer when you use a webpage. When you access the same page, you are identified by using the cookie information, and the site operator can change the display on a customer-by-customer basis.
- In order to improve the convenience and services of the site, for example, by providing services customized on a customer-by-customer basis in reference to your registration information stored when you log in to the authentication service;
- In order to display the most appropriate advertisements and leads to the site on other companies’ sites and the Company’s site based on the content you are interested in and the usage status on the Company’s site;
- In order to survey the pages on the Company’s website browsed during access to the Company’s site, other operations performed, opening of e-mails, and information on browsing of individual links included in e-mails; and
- In order to improve the Company’s services.